Everyday I decide that I am going to start eating healthy food…and just as I enter my office canteen…I see the menu written as” Vada-pav”, “Samosa”…huh…!!!!!
But this time I am quite serious, I have to reduce around 5-6kgs. I work in shifts, so it becomes very difficult for me to follow a fixed exercise routine or diet. This is the main reason why I was telling a lie…to myself all these days. But now it’s high time that I stop giving excuses and find some “TIME” for myself.
I would like to share some basic tips for all those who want to reduce weight. These tips are based purely on my experience…and any inputs from your side is welcome (I am quite serious this time).
To do list:
- Avoid junk food. We all like to
eathog on the junk items…”Vada-pav, Samosa, Bhaji, Sev puri….and the list goes on….but these are the main culprits. Don’t stop all of a sudden or else you will end up eating more. Take some time and reduce the intake…and then stop it.
- Increase the water intake. To increase our metabolism, we need to increase the water intake.
- Exercise. Post-pregnancy, I was totally determined that I want to get back in shape. I used to workout at least 1/2 hour everyday. My routine used to include stretching, 10-15 surya namaskars, pranayam and then relaxation. It not helps to keep you fit and healthy…but it also helps you to be mentally active and removes the laziness. I have started my routine again…let’s see how far I go.
- Rice intake. Being a south Indian, rice is a big “YES” for me, however if you are serious enough to reduce weight reduce the intake of rice. Again I am telling you to stop it all of a sudden, reduce its consumption.
- Fruits and Vegetables. Have you ever noticed; when we start to follow diet, we tend to loose our chubby cheeks and our face starts looking tired and pale. To avoid this, start having fresh fruits, juices and salad’s. This will help you maintain that glow in your skin.
This is just a small list…but I must say it’s highly effective. Start with it…and it will work wonders…and do share your views and tips.