Shailaja of ‘The Moving Quill’, started ‘Soulful Sundays’ where she lists out five lessons she learnt in the week. I thought it is a fantastic way to reflect on the past week and be grateful for all the wonderful things that continue to happen in my life. However my weekends are eventful, with my dance classes, storytelling workshops and planning for the week ahead.
So here I am with my version of ‘Mindful Mondays’, where I share five things that touched my heart and taught me something from the past week.
- Due to some technical issues, the venue of my daughter’s school picnic changed at the last moment. Most parents, including me were angry with the school authorities. Some even decided not to send their child to the picnic, but my daughter was undisturbed. She happily went to the new venue and enjoyed a lot with her friends. She said, “Mumma place doesn’t matter as long as I’m with my friends.” Ah! Happiness lies in these little things.
- I love my daughter’s ability to say ‘No’. It is something I must learn from her.
- I have this habit of reading name tags of security guards at the mall or at the metro station. I always ask the name of the salesman at the shop or a waiter at the restaurant. Recently I thanked a lady at a mall and addressed her, by her name. She was so surprised to hear me address her name. She smiled and said, “Thank you ma’am that’s so sweet of you.” Little ways to spread joy.
- I have slowly and steadily started to read more. Finished reading two books and have picked up a third one.
- Practicing Kathak with my daughter is a joyful experience, especially when she corrects my steps.
How was your last week?
What are some of the little joys that stayed in your heart last week?
Do share your thoughts in the comment box, I’d love to read them.
Love and Gratitude,